Lee T. “Tad” Griffin
Lee T. “Tad” Griffin is one of our most versatile and knowledgeable attorneys. He worked in many facets of the law before joining The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic in 1994. Since then he has been lead attorney in more than 300 cases with total recoveries in excess of $100 million.
Tad is a Board Certified Specialist in Civil Trial Law with an AV rating who serves on the Board of Directors of AIEG, the pre-eminent plaintiff's organization for motor vehicle crashworthiness. One of Tad's trials resulted in a verdict of over $5 million, twice the amount of the defendant's highest offer. Tad started his career as an Assistant Public Defender and worked in several prestigious firms before joining Pajcic & Pajcic.
Tad is the author of "Practice and Procedure in Handling an Automobile Case," Florida Automobile Insurance Law, 4th Ed., The Florida Bar. He is listed in Strathmore's Who's Who and has been named to Florida Super Lawyers every year since 2006. Tad is also a former Adjunct Professor at a local college.
Tad enjoys spending time with his wife Gisela and their three children. Tad is passionate about golf even though he no longer quite shoots par. He loves traveling to Colorado for golf and skiing.
Tad is on the Board of Directors of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and served as President in 2013. He is also a Board member of AIEG, Florida Coastal School of Law Foundation and Deerwood Country Club. He is a former Board Member of Habitat for Humanity, and a current Rotary Member.
- B.A., University of Montana, 1980 (with high honors)
- J.D., University of Florida, 1983
- Jacksonville and American Bar Associations
- The Florida Bar (Member, Board Certification Committee, (1998-2000)
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- President, ABOTA - Jacksonville (2013)
- Florida Justice Association
- American Association for Justice
Lee T. “Tad” Griffin, born in Indianapolis, Indiana; admitted to the bar 1984, Florida; 1985, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.
- Delta Theta Phi
- Assistant Public Defender, 1984-1985
- Matthews Osborne Firm, 1986-1987
- Marks Gray Firm, 1988-1994
- Florida Trend Magazine's list of Legal Elites in 2015 in the civil trial category
- Strathmore's Who's Who
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-present
- Author, "Practice and Procedure in Handling an Automobile Case," Florida Automobile Insurance Law, 4th Ed., The Florida Bar
- Board Certified Specialist in Civil Trial Law
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocacy Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (1992-present)
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Litigation
Tad Griffin's work at Pajcic & Pajcic includes:
- $10.2 Million Verdict for Death from Explorer Roof Crush
- $8 Million for Paralyzed Young Man Despite Inadequate Insurance
- $5.2 Million Verdict is Twice the Final Offer
- $3.5 Million for Drunk Driving after Holiday Party
- Multi-Million Recovery In Roll-Over Case
- $1.5 Million Recovery When Recycling Truck Backs Over Surveyor
- $1 Million Recovery Despite Inadequate Insurance and Coverage Dispute
- $1 Million for Trucking Accident
- 1 Old Spare Tire: 3 Deaths and 1 Quadriplegic
- Multi-million Policy Limits for Death of Son in Fiery Rural Crash
- Wreck Kills Three Little Girls Belted In Back Seat
- Seven Figure Recovery for Patient Given 50 (Instead of 15) CCs of Insulin
- Homebuilder Agrees to Confidential Settlement for Quadriplegic Mexican Laborer
- $5 Million for Fall through Chicago Skylight
- $2.2 Million For Leg Injuries In Boat Explosion
- $1,650,000 for Failure to Treat Woman's Heart Attack
- Substantial Six-Figure Recovery For Surgical Delay