There are few people who have an extensive knowledge of the law like Bill Burns. He is regarded as one of the most experienced trial lawyers in our area, literally having worked on thousands of cases. He has practiced in the personal injury field since 1974 and with The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic since 1996. Bill has worked on all three sides of civil litigation. He was an insurance defense attorney for 20 years, a Certified Mediator for 5 years and is now a well-respected plaintiff’s attorney.
Bill graduated from Lehigh University as a Civil Engineer, and later graduated from law school at Florida State University with honors. He spent 3 ½ years on active duty as an officer in the United States Navy (Civil Engineer Corps). Bill has been a Board Certified Specialist in Civil Trial Law since 1992. The rigorous requirements for Board Certification limit the number of lawyers that are able to attain that distinction. In addition, he was invited to be a member or the American Board of Trial Advocates, and has received the highest rating possible as an attorney by Martindale-Hubbell (AV Rating).
Bill is a world traveler having visited over 65 countries on 6 continents. One day he will get to Antarctica! His interests include gourmet food and wine. He is also an avid photographer. Bill and his wife are animal lovers and have welcomed several dogs and cats into their home.
Bill has literally given his blood for others, having donated over 55 gallons of blood during his donation life. He also served on the Board of Directors for the blood bank (Florida Georgia Blood Alliance 1995 – 2007) and served as Chairman of the Board from 1999 – 2001. When Bill was a Certified Mediator, he served as a mentor to new mediators.
- Lehigh University (B.S., Civil Engineering, 1967);
- Florida State University (J.D., with honors, 1973).
- Jacksonville and Associations;
- The Florida Bar;
- American Board of Trial Advocates;
- Florida Justice Association;
- Board Certified Specialist in Civil Trial Law
William S. Burns Jr., born Lancaster, Pennsylvania; admitted to bar 1974, Florida and U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.
Lt., U.S. Navy, Civil Engineer Corps, 1967-1971 .
- Medical Malpractice;
- Products Liability;
- Personal Injury; Premises Liability.
Bill Burns's work at Pajcic & Pajcic includes:
- $13 Million Verdict in Log Truck U-Turn on U.S. 1
- Trucker Pays $7 Million Even Though Not Charged With Accident
- $5.25 Million for Deadly Crash
- Delivery Truck Pays $1 Million for Sticking Out Into Highway
- Jury Verdict for 3 1/2 Times Insurance Policy Limits
- Multi-Million Dollar Recovery for Fall from Houseboat
- $3.4 Million For Sign Which Does Not Break Away
- $2.5 Million for Fall into Industrial Pit
- $1.925 Million from ER Doctor for Prescribing Excessive Dosage
- Death on Boat from Silent Killer
- Multi-Million Dollar Recovery for Woman Requiring Heart Transplant Following Hospital’s Failure to Treat on a Sunday
- $1,650,000 for Failure to Treat Woman’s Heart Attack
- Seven-Figure Medical Malpractice Settlement
- $1 Million for Death from Anesthesia Malpractice
- Patient Never Given Biopsy Results
- Jury Finds Both Doctors Negligent in Death Case
- Malpractice Limits Paid for Surgeon Who Led Doctors’ Walkout for Caps
- Substantial Recovery for Teen’s Death Despite Med Mal Limitations