Our bicycle accident lawyers know how to get justice for victims
Most bicyclist injuries and fatalities are caused by negligence on the part of a driver. Motorists have a responsibility to share the road with vulnerable users such as cyclists, and when they do not, it's almost always the cyclist who is injured. Some of the car accidents involving cyclists we handle at Pajcic & Pajcic include:
- Turning in front of cyclists at intersections or driveways. These are often known as "left hook" and "right cross" accidents and frequently happen when the motorist turns right on red.
- Failing to search for bicyclists when backing up, parking, pulling out into the street or entering an intersection.
- Reckless driving such as exceeding the speed limit or driving too fast for conditions.
- Sideswipe collisions caused by passing cyclists too closely or overtaking another vehicle without seeing the cyclist.
- Doorings when drivers or passengers fail to look for cyclists before opening doors into the roadway.
Many motorists cause bicycle accidents because they are texting and driving or otherwise distracted. Because a bicycle is much smaller and makes much less noise than a car or truck, distracted drivers often fail to see cyclists until it is too late. Bicycles are also vulnerable to accidents caused by aggressive, exhausted and drunk drivers. If you've been hurt in any such accident, you need to contact us as soon as possible.
We've been holding negligent drivers accountable for decades
After being injured in a bicycle accident, you will very likely be dealing with the insurance company representing the driver who hit you. Unfortunately, that insurance company isn't on your side. Their priority is to protect their client and limit the exposure to their own bottom line. They may try to blame you for your injuries, especially if you weren't wearing a helmet or other safety gear.
The experienced bicycle accident attorneys at Pajcic & Pajcic know how to take on the insurance companies and counter the arguments they make. We'll investigate the accident scene, interview witnesses and, if necessary, retain outside experts to show that the defendant driver's negligence was what caused your injuries. Our priority is always to help you get better - and to recover fair compensation for your losses.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, contact us today to schedule a free, confidential consultation with a compassionate attorney. Call 904-358-8881.