Jacksonville FL Ridesharing Accident Lawyer
Our car accident attorneys can help you with your ridesharing accident
Have you been injured in a ridesharing car accident as a passenger, pedestrian, or driver of another car? Confused about what you should do next? Make sure you have a legal team on your side that knows how the legal system works in our community after your accident. Make sure you talk to the Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic. Our car accident attorneys can fight for your rights and we have had multiple cases against ridesharing companies.
For more than four decades, the experienced car accident lawyers at our law firm have been standing up for the rights of injury victims in Jacksonville and throughout northeastern Florida. Our attorneys have more than 400 years of combined legal experience. We know how the legal system works here and we know how to find the facts that matter. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success through settlements and jury verdicts. Case results matter at Pajcic & Pajcic.
Common causes of ridesharing car accidents
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a driver working for Uber, Lyft, or another ridesharing company, it’s critical that you take legal action right away after your crash to protect your rights. That way, your attorney can get right to work on your case and find out exactly what happened.
Some of the most common causes of accidents caused by drivers working for rideshare companies include:
Distracted driving – This common cause can include a:
- Ridesharing driver operating the app while driving.
- Driver looking up directions while driving.
- Driver responding to customers online while driving.
Speeding accidents – Common reasons why include a:
- Driver running late to pick up a customer.
- Driver trying to “make up” time after being stuck in traffic.
- Driver trying to squeeze in as many fares as possible during a shift.
Falling asleep at the wheel – Reasons why include a:
- Driver working a long shift in order to make as much money as possible.
- Driver working late at night without enough sleep or without taking a break.
Is this how your ridesharing accident happened? Or did the driver do something else to cause your crash? Whatever the circumstances, whether you were a passenger or driving another car, our legal team is ready to tackle your case and find the evidence you need to get the money you deserve – whether that’s through a negotiated settlement or a jury verdict.
What to do after an Uber or Lyft accident
There are steps you can take to help protect your health and your right to recover compensation.
- Call the police or have someone else call. The police will ensure everyone is safe and complete an accident report.
- Get medical attention, even if you think you are OK. You could be injured and just aren’t experiencing any symptoms yet. See a doctor as soon as possible.
- Gather names and contact information for everyone involved in the accident. This includes the driver, people in the car, and any witnesses.
- Contact a lawyer. It’s important to get legal advice from an experienced car accident attorney so you at least know where you stand. A lawyer can review the details of your crash, read the accident report and go over your options.