In addition to being a no-fault state, Florida also observes the "pure comparative negligence" system. This set of rules works to assign responsibility for the accident to all parties involved in order to divide fault fairly. Moreover, a time limit called the statute of limitations - four years in Florida - is applied to these cases. In order to take legal action and get the compensation you need, you have to get an attorney on your side as soon as possible.
What to do after an accident:
The moments after an accident are often full of questions. What do you do? Who should you call? The short answer is that you need to get an experienced attorney on your side as soon as possible. Here are some steps you can take to help us help you:
- Call the police: They can document your accident, record evidence, and assess the damage all directly at the scene of the accident. Talking to them first also makes the process of filing a report that much easier.
- Take photos: Keeping a record of the damage and how the scene of the accident looked will make it easier to get the compensation you need. Be sure to get pictures of your car, the other(s) involved, and a wider shot of the scene, as well as any visible injuries.
- Write down what you remember: After collecting license and registration information, you'll want to jot down your side of the story. Stress and time can affect our memory, and you want to have a consistent account.
- See a doctor: Internal injuries and traumatic brain injuries can take days or even weeks to start showing symptoms. So even if you feel "fine", you need to be seen. It's the best option for your health and also helps to protect your legal rights.
- Contact our law firm right away, before you speak to an insurance company. We'll handle the claims process for you while you focus on getting better.
Our firm can help you deal with insurance carriers
Many types of insurance can be involved in a car accident claim. In addition to no-fault coverage on your own policy and liability coverage on the at-fault driver's policy, you may be dealing with a liability insurance policy for a business, such as a trucking company, auto manufacturer or road construction company, whose negligence contributed to your injuries. Our law firm can help by reviewing all applicable coverage and relentlessly pursuing the compensation you need from any available source.
What if I was hit by an Underinsured/Uninsured driver?
Insurance is required by law in Florida, but the state has a very high rate of uninsured drivers. If they don't have any insurance, it's likely because they can't afford it-- they probably can't afford to pay you, either. Carrying uninsured or underinsured motorist protection on your policy can help to protect you in these instances, but even if you have coverage, these cases can be complex. That's why you need an experienced attorney from our firm to help you get the compensation you deserve.
We can help get your life back
An accident can be a life-changing event, one that throws you off balance for a long time. It shouldn't be that way. When you just want to return to your daily life, you need someone you can count on to help you. The legal team at The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic has been serving Florida for forty years and counting, and we strive to help our clients get their peace of mind back.
It all starts with a free consultation where we examine your case to determine the best route to take in order for you to return to your normal life. No matter what the case, we will treat it as if it happened to family, and fight for your justice until we get results. Don't wait, call us as soon as possible. We're just on the other end of the line.