Injured In A Pedestrian Accident?
Contact a compassionate pedestrian accident lawyer today
It almost goes without saying that pedestrians are some of the most vulnerable people on our roads. Thanks to the beautiful weather in the Jacksonville area, we see plenty of people getting around on foot every day. Unfortunately, in too many cases, pedestrians are involved in car accidents and seriously injured or killed.
Motorists have a responsibility to drive safely around pedestrians, but too many fail to meet that responsibility. The result is a pedestrian is hit by a car in a crosswalk or on the side of the road. When that happens, car accident lawyers at the Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic holds them accountable.
A Jacksonville pedestrian accident attorney can help you get back on your feet
Jacksonville regularly ranks among the most dangerous cities in the country for pedestrians, right up there with other Florida cities such as Orlando, Tampa and Miami. There are many reasons for this danger, including the number of out-of-state drivers and pedestrians who don't know the area well. Ultimately, though, fault for most pedestrian injuries and fatalities lies with the motorist's negligence.
Here are a few common causes of pedestrian accidents:
- Texting and distracted driving - pedestrians are in serious danger of being overlooked by distracted drivers.
- Aggressive driving, including failure to obey traffic signals and yield pedestrians the right of way – when they are in a crosswalk, for example.
- Speeding – driving above the posted speed limit.
- Drunk or drugged driving, especially at night. Alcohol is a factor in nearly half of all pedestrian accidents.
- Fatigued driving or falling asleep at the wheel, which can be just as dangerous as driving drunk.
If you were hit by a car, either on the sidewalk or crossing the street, you may not know why it happened. What you do know is that your life has been substantially and permanently changed. You may have severe injuries or be permanently disabled. You may not be able to work or do the things you love. Your family may be affected - and you may be struggling to pay your expenses.