Lawyers for Drunk Driving Accident Victims in Jacksonville
A law firm that holds drunk drivers accountable
Every year, drunk driving takes numerous lives in the greater Jacksonville area. While law enforcement increases its efforts to stop drunk drivers in their tracks in Florida, far too many of them slip past the police radar. It only takes a small amount of alcohol to cloud one’s judgment and ability to react to avoid a crash. That’s why drunk driving often results in some of the most catastrophic accidents.
The attorneys at Pajcic & Pajcic understand the pain and suffering that can be caused if you were hit by a drunk driver. Responsible drivers shouldn’t have to suffer debilitating injuries and financial hardships because of someone else’s negligence. Our law firm will fight to hold drunk drivers accountable for their actions. Our case results, such as $1.5 million paid to a drunk driving victim, speak for themselves. If you were hit by a drunk driver, our accident attorneys will fight for your rights.
How alcohol affects drunk drivers
Consuming alcohol can result in:
- Impaired judgment: Alcohol can inhibit a driver’s decision-making abilities. Drunk drivers may fail to obey traffic signs and signals, or they may speed excessively and drive recklessly.
- Impaired vision: Alcohol can interfere with a driver’s ability to see clearly, often resulting in blurred vision or lack of equilibrium.
- Slower reaction time: A drunk driver’s brain may not be able to register obstacles on the road that require adequate reaction time to avoid.
- Loss of coordination: Alcohol can inhibit one’s ability to perform standard functions, such as: coordination between the gas pedal and brakes and basic steering functions.
Why is drunk driving dangerous?
When a driver’s ability to operate a motor vehicle has been impaired, the damage he or she causes can be severe. A drunk driver who fails to react to the road ahead cause a devastating rear-end crash or a high impact T-bone accident. Additionally, the actions of a drunk driver can result in a head-on collision, lane departure crash, or an accident with a pedestrian or bicyclist.
In this day and age, there is no excuse for driving drunk. Those who consume alcohol have plenty of options at their fingertips. Calling a cab or ride-share is a lifesaving alternative to operating a motor vehicle while impaired.
But negligent drivers may deny doing anything wrong and fight any charges they are facing. Insurance companies will try to pay victims as little as possible. And they have attorneys to help them find ways to limit compensation.
If you’ve been injured in a drunk driving crash, you need an attorney will take your claim seriously right from the start. Our firm has a long history of helping clients get the results they need through negotiated settlements and jury verdicts.
Is a drunk driver automatically at fault?
While a drunk driver is usually at fault if they’re involved in an accident, they are not automatically at fault. You still must prove that the impaired driver’s carelessness caused the accident.
Furthermore, a drunk driver is not always the only liable party. For example, if a bar, restaurant or liquor store sold alcohol to someone who was under age 21, or who was known to be habitually addicted to alcohol, and that person caused your accident, you may be able to file a dram shop claim.
Whatever the circumstances of your Florida drunk driving accident, make sure you fully understand all the legal options available to you. Make sure you talk to a drunk driving accident lawyer at our Jacksonville law firm today.
How much is my drunk driving accident worth?
If a drunk driver caused your accident, you should be financially compensated for all your accident-related expenses. What might not realize is just how many expenses that includes, including:
- Cost of all medical treatments, including future anticipated medical care for your car accident-related injury.
- Repairing your damaged vehicle or buying a new one if a drunk driver totaled your car.
- Replacement income if you need to stay home from work and rest while you recover from your injury.
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work because you have a permanent disability due to your accident.
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages.
- In some cases, punitive damages.
Add all these expenses up and your drunk driving accident claim can easily be worth substantial compensation. The best way to know how much money your claim could be worth is to talk to an accident lawyer at our law firm right away.
Take your claim seriously from the start
Nobody expects to get into a crash when they are driving. But suddenly, they were rear-ended by a drunk driver. Or they were in a hit-and-run accident with a drunk driver. They are left with injuries and need medical treatment.