Ben Richard is the go-to person on all legal issues and he's involved in just about every single case in the firm. Ben is our in-house appellate attorney who joined The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic in 2005. He's litigated numerous appeals in both state and federal court. In addition to litigating appeals, Ben provides trial support and appellate counseling to our trial attorneys during every phase of litigation and actively participates in jury selection, preparation of dispositive motions, motions in limine, and motions for summary judgment. His keen eye and depth of legal knowledge benefit all of our clients.
Ben graduated summa cum laude as valedictorian of his class at Florida Coastal School of Law. He also served as the managing editor of the law review. The year before, he clerked for Florida Supreme Court Justice Peggy Quince, and then he knew he wanted to be an appellate lawyer. Each year since 2013, he has been selected as a Rising Star by Florida Super Lawyers and been included in the National Trial Lawyers' "Top 40 Under 40" list for the State of Florida. Ben is "AV Preeminent" peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell for ethical standards and legal ability.
Ben and his wife Sarah enjoy traveling to new places, relaxing with family, and spending quality time with their two young children.
Ben is involved in most of the firm's pro bono cases and has handled numerous civil and criminal cases for individuals in need. Ben also mentors all of Pajcic & Pajcic's student law clerks.
- Southeastern Louisiana University (B.A., Political Science, 2002)
- Florida Coastal School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2005)
- The Florida Bar;
- Jacksonville Bar Association;
- American Bar Associations;
- Florida Justice Association (Eagle Member);
- Jacksonville Justice Association;
- American Association for Justice;
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court (alumni member);
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group.
Ben was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2005 and is admitted to all three Federal District Courts in Florida (the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida) as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.
- Managing Editor, Florida Coastal Law Review, 2004-2005
- Extern for the Honorable Justice Peggy A. Quince, Florida Supreme Court, 2004
- Listed in the National Trial Lawyers Association's "Top 40 Under 40"
- Selected by his peers ever year since 2013 as one of Florida's outstanding young lawyers (Rising Star) by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine in the "Plaintiff's Personal Injury" category
- "AV Preeminent" peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Appellate Law;
- Personal Injury;
- Wrongful Death;
- Trucking Crashes;
- Auto Negligence;
- Products Liability;
- Medical Malpractice;
- Nursing Home Litigation;
- Premises Liability;
- Admiralty & Maritime Litigation
Webb v. Thomas May Construction Co., 958 So. 2d 1111 (Fla. 1st DCA 2007)
Wood v. Peraza, 2 So. 3d 279 (Fla. 5th DCA 2008)
Brown v. Goins, 16 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 313a (Fla. 4th Jud. Cir. 2009)
Murrow v. Swift Transp. Co., 16 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 835 (Fla. 8th Jud. Cir. 2009)
O'Brien v. State Farm Fire & Cas. Co., 999 So.2d 1081 (Fla. 1st DCA 2009)
Pruitt v. Republic Services of Florida, 16 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 529a (Fla. 4th Jud. Cir. 2009)
Keck v. Eminisor, 46 So. 3d 1065 (Fla. 1st DCA 2010)
Jamerson v. Bailey, 17 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 780 (Fla. 4th Jud. Cir. 2010)
Higdon v. Coburn, 17 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 1208 (Fla. 8th Jud. Cir. 2010)
Horace Mann Ins. Co. v. Chase, 51 So. 3d 640 (Fla. 1st DCA 2011)
Bowen v. Taylor-Christensen, 98 So. 3d 136 (Fla. 5th DCA 2012)
GEICO Gen. Ins. Co. v. Williams, 111 So. 3d 240 (Fla. 4th DCA 2013)
Christensen v. Bowen, 140 So. 3d 498 (Fla. 2014)
Chase v. Horace Mann Ins. Co., 158 So. 3d 514 (Fla. 2015)
Benjamin Richard's work at Pajcic & Pajcic includes:
- $5.2 Million Verdict is Twice the Final Offer
- Big Truck Case Settles Just Before Jury Selection for $2.75 Million
- Trucker Pays $2.4 Million for Death of Husband/Great Uncle
- $1.85 Million from Truck that T-Boned Police Car
- NIED Is Key to Million Dollar Recoveries for Wrongful Deaths
- $1 Million for Family Injured in 100 MPH Police Chase
- $1 Million Because Accident Affects Golf Swing of All Star Pitcher
- $950,000 for Fractured Ankle Because Truck Driver on Cocaine
- Jury Awards $3/4 Million to Prominent Former Public Defender
- Insurance Companies for Fatigued Trucker Pay Limits to Police Sergeant
- Punitive Damages Against Trucking Company
- Jury Verdict for 3 1/2 Times Insurance Policy Limits
- $2 Million from Alarm Company and Apartment Complex for Failure to Protect Elderly Woman