Jacksonville Wrongful Death Attorneys
A deadly car crash, a fatal medical error or a workplace accident can have devastating consequences for the family of the accident victim. The primary motivation behind most wrongful death cases is not money, but justice.
Yet civil justice can only be measured by the amount of damages recovered and full and fair recovery is necessary to ensure that:
- The wrongdoer fully takes safety into account in its future actions.
- The family of the deceased knows that the full value of their loss has been recognized and appreciated.
Florida law allows a wrongful death lawsuit to be filed on behalf of the accident victim’s immediate family, including the spouse, children and parents and other relatives who were dependent on the victim. A wrongful death lawsuit can bring a measure of justice after a senseless loss and make our community safer.
Experience Handling Jacksonville Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Civil justice is measured in the amount of damages awarded. In years of representing families of wrongful death victims, we’ve observed that a just settlement often allows the family to reach closure while helping ensure that other families do not endure similar losses.
The types of wrongful death accidents we handle include:
- Vehicle Accidents—A fatal car accident, truck accident or motorcycle accident caused by another motorist’s inattention or carelessness, a defective automotive part or a poorly designed vehicle may provide grounds for a wrongful death claim. The wrongful death attorneys at The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic have successfully resolved hundreds of wrongful death cases to the benefit of our clients, including a $10 million Duval County verdict against Ford Motor Company for a young widower and a $5 million verdict for an elderly widower in Flagler County.
- Premises Liability Accidents —A shooting death caused by lack of proper security at an apartment complex, a drowning at an inadequately fenced swimming pool and deadly workplace falls are examples of potential wrongful death actions involving premises liability. The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic has had obtained verdicts and settlements for surviving families in all of these kind of cases in Jacksonville, Gainesville and other North Florida counties .
- Medical Malpractice —The cost of medical errors is high. According to the National Institutes of Medicine, more Americans die because of medical errors than traffic accidents each year. And the estimated 7,000 annual deaths from medication errors exceed the number of workplace injuries. A wrongful death lawsuit may focus attention on a careless doctor or systemic problem in a health care system and save numerous lives while delivering justice for the victim’s family. We have secured a verdict or settlement for surviving families of medical malpractice victims in Jacksonville, Orlando, and Valdosta and other Florida and South Georgia communities.
- Work Related Wrongful Death — More than 220 workers in Florida suffered fatal workplace injuries in 2011, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. If a defective product or the negligence of another company contributed to the death, families in Florida have a legal right to file a wrongful death lawsuit after a preventable workplace accident, in addition to collecting workers’ compensation benefits. The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic has brought successful wrongful death suits for workplace fatalities in Jacksonville, Yulee, Gainesville and other communities of Northeast Florida.
Our Results in Jacksonville Death Cases
The wrongful death lawyers of The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic have a proven record of achieving notable results for accident victims and their families. Our wrongful death attorneys have demanded full and just recoveries in hundreds of wrongful death cases totaling more than $100 million.
Our verdicts and settlements include $10.2 million for the husband of a woman killed when an SUV roof collapsed during a rollover, $2.2 million for the family of a warehouseman crushed between a truck and a loading dock, and $5.25 million for a family of a man killed when his car was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer.
Please remember that each wrongful death case has its own specific facts, and the results of other cases don’t guarantee the outcome of your case. For additional information about the results obtained by our Jacksonville personal injury attorney, visit our case results page.
Florida Lawyers in Jacksonville With a Commitment to Client Service
At The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic, we provide a case review at no charge because we are committed to delivering outstanding service to clients.
Whether you reside in Jacksonville, North Florida or Southeast Georgia, our law firm is here to help. We will provide courteous, personalized service from the first time you call until your case is resolved. That is our commitment. That is our style.
Service. Experience. Results. You can count on The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic.
Contact us by calling 888-972-5242 or fill out our online contact form to receive a free review of your case.