That’s why it’s critical that you talk to an experienced truck accident lawyer who fully understands the law and knows how the legal system works when it comes to commercial truck accidents. That’s why we want to meet with you as soon as possible.
At The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic, our attorneys have been fighting for the rights of injury victims nationwide for more than 45 years. We fully understand the state and federal laws governing commercial truck accidents. We are committed to doing the work that needs to be done to build the strongest possible legal case.
Results matter when it comes to serious truck accidents. Our law firm has the settlements and verdicts to prove it, such as a $13 million verdict after a woman suffered a catastrophic brain injury. We have recovered more than $1 billion for our clients, including numerous multi-million-dollar truck accident settlements and verdicts for injury victims and their families. There’s no substitute for experience, no substitute for success.
How do I file a truck accident lawsuit against a trucking company?
There are many steps which often need to be taken when filing a lawsuit against a trucking company after a truck accident. Our law firm can help you with each step and be your guide through this complex process, which often includes:
- Contacting the trucking company – This might sound like a simple step, but locating the trucking company that employs the truck driver who caused your accident can sometimes be challenging, especially if the trucking company is located in another state.
- Obtaining truck accident data – Most commercial trucks record important data at the time of the accident, including the speed the truck was traveling, the last time the truck driver took a break, and how many hours the truck driver was on the road during the previous 24 hours. Truck companies are required to keep such data for a specific period of time. Our attorneys can demand to see this data to determine if any laws were broken at the time of your crash.
- Reviewing hiring records – Some trucking companies do not carefully review a truck driver’s driving history before hiring them. As a result, some companies hire drivers with a history of reckless driving, drunk driving, or other infractions. We can review these records and see if the driver who caused your crash has a poor driving history.
- Reviewing maintenance records – Trucking companies have an obligation to properly maintain their trucks. This includes regularly checking the brakes, the truck’s tires, and other vital parts. Failure to do so can result in a serious truck accident due to poor truck maintenance.
- Interviewing witnesses – If someone saw your truck accident, their eyewitness testimony could be a critical piece of evidence in support of your truck accident lawsuit.
- Reviewing the accident report – When preparing for legal action against a trucking company, one of the most important steps is to carefully review the official accident report for your truck accident. We take this step very seriously and carefully look for anything we can use to strengthen your case against the trucking company.
- Preparing the lawsuit – Once we have thoroughly investigated your truck accident, we carefully create the lawsuit filed against the trucking company on your behalf.
- Filing the lawsuit – This process involves filing the actual lawsuit in a court of law against the trucking company. In most cases, your lawsuit will be filed in the jurisdiction where your accident took place. In certain circumstances, you may also be able to file your lawsuit in the county where the trucking company is located.
- Preparing for trial – After your lawsuit has been filed, Pajcic & Pajcic will continue to collect evidence and pursue all methods of pretrial discovery available under the law to prepare for trial. Our highly skilled truck accident attorneys have extensive courtroom experience and understand how the system works.
Get the help you deserve from dedicated attorneys with decades of experience handling complicated legal cases. We can thoroughly investigate your truck accident and help you determine if the trucking company was responsible. Based on our findings and your input, we can carefully create the necessary documents required to file a lawsuit against the trucking company.
Contact Pajcic & Pajcic after your truck accident
The stakes are high when it comes to many truck accident lawsuits. Depending on the severity of your injuries and the length of your recovery, the financial impact of your truck accident can be significant. We know how to handle substantial cases and we know how to deal with trucking companies. We are prepared to take your case to trial if that’s what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity for justice. Contact our law firm and learn more about whether filing a lawsuit against a trucking company is the right decision for you. Schedule your free case evaluation today with a Jacksonville truck accident lawyer you can trust.