How to Obtain Traffic Camera Video of Your Jacksonville, FL Car Accident
Video footage can serve as objective evidence in support of your injury claim or lawsuit.
After a serious car accident in Florida, injury victims need solid evidence that proves exactly what happened. This is especially true if the other driver caused the collision. Otherwise, injury victims might have a hard time getting the compensation they deserve for their accident-related expenses.
One valuable piece of evidence is video footage of the collision. But who owns the footage? What types of video footage are available? And where can it be found? These questions might sound straightforward, but finding accurate information can be much more complicated than you might suspect.
That’s why the Jacksonville car accident lawyers at Pajcic & Pajcic want to help. We know what to do because we have been helping injury victims and their families demand the money they deserve for decades. If you were injured in an accident, contact us today to review your potential legal options.
Car accident video footage options
What video footage of your crash is available will depend on many factors, including when and where your accident occurred. For instance, your car accident may have been recorded by:
- Traffic cameras at busy intersections.
- Highway cameras on overpasses or exit ramps.
- Tollbooth cameras on limited access highways, including Florida State Road 202.
- Outdoor security cameras at businesses near the crash site.
- Dashboard cameras (dash cams) from vehicles involved in the collision or other cars passing by.
- A witness with a cellphone.
- Local police officers or Florida state troopers who responded to the crash.
How to obtain car accident video footage
An attorney can help you obtain a copy of any videos of your collision by utilizing investigators to make contact with the owner or administrator of the camera that recorded the footage.
In Jacksonville, this can include a wide range of individuals, businesses, and state or local government agencies, including:
- The City of Jacksonville, especially if a traffic camera recorded your video at an intersection in Jacksonville.
- The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office if a local police officer responded to your crash and recorded a video of the crash site and interviews with you and anyone else involved in the collision.
- The Florida Highway Patrol if a state trooper responded to your accident.
- A business that owns or operates the security camera that captured video footage of your collision.
- Drivers who recorded your accident or its aftermath on their dash cam.
- A person with a cellphone that contains video footage of your crash.
Timing matters after your accident.
There is no set time limit for how long video footage is saved after an accident. Often, it’s up to the individual or business that recorded the video for how long they want to save it. So don’t be surprised if someone permanently erases video footage of your accident after only a few days.
This is why you need to act fast after your car accident. You need to make sure you get access to relevant videos right away before they’re overwritten or deleted. This is why it’s critical that you have an experienced attorney investigating your collision right away.
How a Jacksonville car accident lawyer can help
Getting video footage of your car accident in Jacksonville can be much more complex than you might suspect. And because the clock is ticking, you don’t have time to waste after your accident. This is why you need an experienced attorney who can hit the ground running and get right to work investigating your crash.
At Pajcic & Pajcic, we know how to find the facts that matter. That’s because we have dedicated our legal careers to building strong legal cases for car accident injury victims and their families.
Our case results speak for themselves. We consistently obtain sizable settlements and verdicts, including $11 million we secured for a car accident injury victim in Florida. Contact us and schedule a free case evaluation to learn more about your legal options. We proudly serve injury victims in Florida and nationwide.