$23 Million in 2022 for Six Cases of Medical Malpractice
Hospitals and doctors have significant resources to fight back when they are accused of wrongdoing, and winning medical malpractice cases is never easy. The Pajcic team has the legal knowledge and its own resources to hold medical providers accountable when critical mistakes are made.
The recoveries would have been millions of dollars more in several of these cases but for the legislatively imposed caps on non-economic damages where arbitration is requested by the defendant. The caps are especially bad since they significantly limit recovery and accountability in the most appalling cases of malpractice.
The details of each case remain confidential, but all are gut-wrenching stories of death or life-changing injury caused by egregious medical negligence.
- A newborn died because of hospital staff blunders in the administration of oxygen, while her mother was still in the hospital with her. The devastated parents still have their baby’s crib set up in their home.
- An 18-year-old died during wisdom teeth removal because of inattention in the administration of anesthesia. His unknowing father was in the waiting room when he heard the siren of the arriving ambulance.
- A 33-year-old mechanic died because he was not given the right medication while hospitalized for surgery, leaving a wife, a toddler, and an infant.
- A pilot suffered a heart attack and died while driving because of a misread EKG, leaving a wife and two young daughters.
- A 67-year-old retired law enforcement official suffered cardiac arrest and death because of anesthesia failures during a catheter placement for dialysis, leaving a wife of 46 years.
- A woman is now disabled for life because of a failure of medical attention and care after surgery and discharge.