Edward Waters College $2 Million Donation
In February 2014, Steve and Anne Pajcic made an unrestricted gift of $2 million to Edward Waters College, which is the largest gift from an individual in the institution’s 147-year history. Edwards Waters College is the oldest private institution in the state of Florida and is the oldest historically black college in the state.
In fall 2013, 98 percent of the 859 students enrolled at Edward Waters College were receiving financial aid. Mr. and Mrs. Pajcic’s contribution to the college will be used to provide student scholarships, as well as for faculty enhancement. The gift will go a long way toward helping the college to meet its goal of increasing enrollment to 1,000 students by 2015. Many of the students at Edward Waters College are the first in their families to attend college.
The gift was provided because of the Pajcics’ close relationship with the college’s president, Nat Glover, and because the college continues to provide opportunities to disadvantaged children. The Pajcics’ charitable contributions have focused on increasing educational opportunities for children from lower income families.
- Edward Waters College $2 Million Donation
- Pajcic Donation Feeds Hungry
- Raymond Reid: One of our partners, celebrating his tenth year with Pajcic & Pajcic
- Atrews “Pedro” Bell: A teenager who played on the Pajcic youth basketball team
- Pajcic & Pajcic provides strong support for the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid (JALA).
- $1 Million Donation for Teacher Salaries
- 50 Most Influential
- Continued Support for Desire Street Ministries
- Don Jackson Beating the Odds
- Donation to September 11th Victims