Raymond Reid is an AV-rated attorney who worked as a prosecutor and as an Assistant General Counsel for the City of Jacksonville before joining The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic in January 2002. Ray speaks French and Creole and is our resident technology and computer guru. He actually started college when he was only 16 years old.
Raymond is one of only a few Jacksonville attorneys to earn U.S. News & World Report's annual "Best Lawyer" designation for 2015 in plaintiffs' personal injury practice. He has been lead counsel in more than 120 cases. Raymond has also been involved in several lengthy product liability and medical malpractice trials, including one with a verdict of more than $10 million for a surviving spouse. His success includes seven- and eight-figure verdicts and settlements. Raymond shares his knowledge by lecturing statewide and nationally for meetings of AIEG, ATLA and the FJA, to name a few. He was named a Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2009.
Raymond speaks three languages and is extremely knowledgeable regarding computers and technology, frequently lecturing nationwide. He is an accomplished pianist who composes his own music. Raymond also holds a first degree black belt and has competed in countless tournaments. He conducted a self-defense seminar at the statewide Florida Judicial Assistants Association.
Raymond has served on the Ethics Commission for the City of Jacksonville; co-chaired the JCCI study analyzing Jacksonville's homicide epidemic; and served on the Mayor's Pension Transition Team. Raymond is a co-founder and the vice-president of the Haitian-American Professional Association of Northeast Florida, a nonprofit organization. Raymond is also vice-president of the Fraternal Order of Police Foundation. Raymond is a member and holds a first degree black belt in the Cuong Nhu Oriental Martial Arts Association, also a nonprofit organization. Raymond has also coached winning mock trial teams at Florida Coastal School of Law and is often asked to serve as a guest lecturer.
University of Florida (Bachelor of Science, 1991; J.D., 1994)
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Member D.W. Perkins Bar Association
- Member Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member Florida Justice Association
- Board Member Jacksonville Justice Association
- Emeritus, Chester Bedell Inn of Court
Raymond P. Reid Jr., born Montreal, Canada; admitted to the bar 1995, Florida; U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida since 1997.
- Assistant State Attorney, 1995-199;
- Assistant General Counsel, City of Jacksonville, 1997-2001
- Member, Jacksonville Ethics Commission, 2002-2004
- Emeritus and Former Member, Chester Bedell Inn of Court
- Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Team, 1993 & 1994
- Moot Court Team Final Four Competitor, 1993
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble, a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence (Ratings are based upon legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability and legal experience.)
- "Best Lawyer" 2015, US News & World Report, in plaintiffs' personal injury litigation
- US News & World Report "Best Lawyer" 2015 in plaintiffs' personal injury litigation
- William C. Gaither Award, Outstanding Moot Court Team Member, 1994
- Order of the Barristers, 1994
- Best Oralist & Set New Record, Tulane Invitational Sports Law Competition, 1994
- University of Florida College of Law Outstanding Minority Award, 1994
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2009
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Law
Raymond Reid's work at Pajcic & Pajcic includes:
- $10.2 Million Verdict for Death from Explorer Roof Crush
- $1.85 Million from Truck that T-Boned Police Car
- Million Dollar Recovery for Old Friends of Pajcics
- $1 Million from Truck that Caused Bridge Backup
- 7 Figures from 7 Defendants for 6th Wreck in 6 Nights
- 1 Old Spare Tire: 3 Deaths and 1 Quadriplegic