For over 40 years, the catastrophic injury attorneys at The Law Firm of Pajcic & Pajcic have been Jacksonville’s trusted advocates for victims of these serious, debilitating injuries. We have recovered substantial settlements and verdicts for all of the following catastrophic injuries:
If you sustained a serious injury due to the negligence of others, you need to contact us right away.
Compensation for victims of catastrophic injury
In general, catastrophic injury cases tend to settle for high dollar amounts – because the victims have substantial needs. Some common damages (financial compensation) awarded include:
- Medical expenses. Catastrophic injuries may require a lifetime of medical care, and a single settlement or verdict needs to pay for the entire cost of that care.
- Lost future earnings. Victims of serious injuries are often unable to work or need to take on a “light duty” job with fewer hours and lower pay. This award represents the loss of wages the victim could have earned if he or she had not been injured.
- Home or vehicle modifications. If the injury leaves the victim permanently disabled, modifications may be needed to accommodate the disability. These accommodations can be quite expensive to install and maintain.
- Replacement services. Catastrophically injured people may be unable to care for their children or complete household tasks. Compensation for such an injury may include the cost of hiring someone to provide those services.
- Pain and suffering. A catastrophic injury may leave the victim with chronic pain, requiring significant compensation.
- Loss of quality of life. A permanently injured person may not be able to enjoy the same activities that he or she did before the injury. These damages provide fair compensation for that loss.
- Loss of consortium. Common in cases of paralysis or brain injury, this is a claim for the loss of care, companionship and intimacy with the injured person’s spouse or loved ones due to the injury.
Because these damages can be worth many millions of dollars, insurance companies will do everything they can to reduce or deny the claim. They may try to dispute the extent of the injury or argue that the injured person was at fault. Our attorneys know how to uncover the truth and build a strong legal case. We will put our resources and experience to work to get you full compensation for your significant losses.
Put your trust in our Jacksonville personal injury attorneys. We would be honored to meet with you for a free consultation. Call 888-972-6649.
Whether caused by fire, scalding or contact with hot objects, burns are some of the most devastating injuries we see at Pajcic & Pajcic. People with burn injuries often have lengthy hospital stays with correspondingly high medical bills. A burn victim may need reconstructive surgery or skin grafts and may be left permanently disfigured. Also, burns are some of the most physically painful of injuries, and accidents that lead to burn injuries are often emotionally traumatic as well.
Burns are categorized by the degree of tissue damage:
- First-degree: The burn affects only the outermost layer of skin (e.g., sunburn).
- Second-degree: The burn affects both the outermost layer (the epidermis) and the dermis, the soft layer between the epidermis and the subcutaneous tissue.
- Third-degree: The burn extends through the subcutaneous tissue, which may require surgery to repair. Third-degree burns often leave deep scars.
- Fourth-degree: The burn extends all the way into the muscle and will require extensive medical care, surgery and skin grafting to repair. Fourth-degree burns can be fatal.
Often, someone else’s negligence is to blame for a burn injury. You may have been injured in an explosion because a vehicle was poorly maintained or scalded due to a malfunctioning water heater. When that happens, contact a burn injury lawyer at Pajcic & Pajcic to fight for the compensation you need. We have a long history of successfully representing burn injury victims, including an $8 million recovery for a woman burned by a defective product.
Return to Top
Loss of Limbs
Injuries that require amputation or otherwise result in limb loss are some of the most devastating of all injuries. Losing an arm or leg can severely impact your ability to work, care for loved ones and do the things you love. In addition to medical care for your injury, you may be entitled to compensation for lost future earnings, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and many other losses.
At Pajcic & Pajcic, we believe our mission is to help you move on and make the most of your life. While there is no way to truly replace your lost limb, the money we may recover in a personal injury lawsuit can pay for prosthetics, equipment such as wheelchairs, and modifications to your home or vehicle that will allow you to move forward in spite of the injury.
Return to Top
Spinal Cord Injuries
The spinal cord plays a vital role in your body by transmitting messages from the brain to the rest of the body. That means damage to the spinal cord can cause serious medical issues such as paralysis. And unfortunately, spinal cord injuries rarely heal, which means you may be living with that injury for the rest of your life. Some of the spinal cord injuries we’ve handled include:
- Cauda equine syndrome
- Brown-Sequard syndrome
- Anterior cord syndrome
- Central cord syndrome
- Posterior cord syndrome
- Conus medullaris syndrome
- Spinal concussions
Most spinal cord injuries result from trauma, which means they’re often sustained in preventable accidents caused by the negligence of others. A spinal cord injury can have massive implications for the rest of your life. Trust the spinal cord injury attorneys at Pajcic & Pajcic to get you fair compensation so that you can rebuild.
Return to Top
Loss of Sight
We depend on sight for so many tasks in our daily lives, and an injury that impairs or eliminates your vision can be truly devastating. Losing your sight means losing some of your independence, and you may no longer be able to do your job or participate in the activities you love.
To our attorneys, you aren’t just a number. You’re a person whose life has been forever changed. We’ll sit down with you and seek to understand how losing your vision has affected your life, and we’ll negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get fair compensation for the injury. Our goal is to help you live as comfortably and independently as possible.
Return to Top
Loss of Hearing
Losing some or all of your hearing can have a massive negative impact on your life and career. Depending on the nature of your job, you may be unable to work or need to take on reduced responsibilities to accommodate your disability. And while it’s difficult to put a dollar value on your reduced ability to communicate with friends and loved ones, that is a real loss that requires real compensation to help you move forward.
Pajcic & Pajcic has extensive experience working with people with hearing loss and helping them recover fair compensation. Whether you lost your hearing at work, in an accident or due to a doctor’s error, we can help. Contact us today.
Return to Top